Junior Ball: T-Ball and Coach Pitch
Coach Pitch Rules
Becker Youth Baseball offers two levels for our Junior Ball program:
• T-ball for 4 and 5 year-olds
• Coach Pitch for 6 and 7 year-olds
Players MUST be 4 years old by MAY 1, 2017
What is T-ball (ages 4 & 5)?
Our T-ball program is designed to introduce boys and girls to baseball. Players will learn the basics of T-ball in this great introductory sport. Players will learn how to catch, throw and hit the ball off a tee in a fun team environment. The focus of the program is to HAVE FUN, meet new friends, and play T-ball in a non-competitive environment. There are no umpires, no scores, and standings are not kept. Players will rotate positions and batters will bat once each inning. To help the players learn, we encourage parents to help out the coaches!
What is Coach Pitch (ages 6-7)?
Our Coach Pitch program is designed to develop fundamental baseball skills while learning teamwork, strategy, and sportsmanship. Skills taught include catching, throwing, fielding, hitting and the rules of the game. Kids will be introduced to the catcher position at this level. The focus of this league is to HAVE FUN, meet new friends and play baseball in a non-competitive environment while preparing players for their next step in a more competitive youth baseball program. There are no umpires, no scores and standings are not kept.
When is Jr. Ball (T-ball & Coach Pitch)?
The Jr. Ball season begins with practices in late May and ends the week after July 7th. T-ball is on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Coach Pitch is Monday and Wednesday evenings. Practice and game times are either 6 - 7PM or 7:15 - 8:15PM.
Pictures will be scheduled by team in June
The last day of the season is our Jamboree! where players will play a fun game with their parents followed by a special treat and awards.
Where are the games and practices?
Practices for both Coach Pitch and T-ball will be held at either the Green Space behind the Becker Community Center or at the Jr. Ball fields (#5 & #6) at the Becker Athletic Complex located behind the playground area.
- T-ball games will ALWAYS be held in Becker at the BAC Jr. Ball fields (#5 & #6).
- Coach pitch home games will be played the BAC Jr. Ball fields (#5 & #6) and away games will either be played in Foley or Clear Lake.
All Players must provide their own helmets. There will be no helmets in the team bag and players MUST wear a helmet or they won’t be allowed to bat.
- Players need to supply their own glove.
- BYBA will provide bats for the teams, but players are welcome to bring their own.
- Players can wear either shorts or comfortable pants, baseball pants work well.
- Players can wear tennis shoes or cleats, NO SANDALS
- Players will receive a Jr. Ball shirt and baseball hat.
All coaches are volunteers! We could not have a successful program without the amazing coaches who step up and help every year! Coaching is a lot of fun and very rewarding!!! We assign an official coach and assistant coach for each team, but parents are ENCOURAGED to offer help to the team! Anyone looking to coach can find more information and fill out a coaching application under the “Coaches” tab at www.beckerbaseball.org.
Register Your Child
Click on My Account/Log In (Top Right of Page)
• You must create a user account first before you can add a junior ball program.